From Tuesday 5 January 2021 the country has entered a national lockdown, and as such marriages and civil partnership ceremonies are currently suspended. However, if there are exceptional circumstances such as the requirement to have an urgent marriage where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery – please email email@example.com with the venue and date in the subject line, outlining your reasons why a marriage or civil partnership needs to take place as a matter of urgency.
Please see the latest Government guidance for more information.
I need to or wish to postpone my ceremony and have a new date I would like to move my ceremony to. How do I do this?
If after speaking with your venue you wish to cancel your ceremony and you have a new date that you would like to book with us, please firstly ensure the venue can accommodate this date. Once you have done this, please contact us via email with the new date and time and we will check our availability for your new date and come back to you once this is done. There will be no extra charge from Staffordshire Registration Service for moving a ceremony in this circumstance.
I need to or wish to postpone my ceremony, but I don’t have a new date yet. What happens to my booking with the Registration Service?
If you have not yet chosen a new date for your ceremony, we will hold your booking with us. Please contact us by email when you have a new date and time and we will contact you to confirm we can move your ceremony to that date. There will be no extra charge from Staffordshire Registration Service for moving a ceremony in this circumstance.
Notice of Marriage
Do I have to do anything about our Notice of Marriage?
If you had already given Notice of Marriage for your current ceremony date, the notice is venue specific and valid for 12 months from the date you gave notice. If you choose to move your ceremony and the date you choose to move your ceremony to is more than 12 months from the date of your notice, or if you have chosen to marry at a different venue, you will need to give notice again. If you live in Staffordshire and gave your original Notice of Marriage with us, we will not charge you if you need to attend and give Notice of Marriage again.
When attending an appointment for notice of marriage, the following will apply. Please read carefully:
- A maximum of two adults should attend an appointment. Please do not bring children if at all possible
- Please do not arrive early – if you arrive early you may be asked to wait outside the office for a short time until we can see you for your appointment
- Please do not arrive late – if you’re any later than five minutes we may not be able to see you
- Please do not attend the office if you or anyone in your household has Coronavirus symptoms
- If you appear to have any symptoms when you arrive at the office you may not be seen and will have to book a fresh appointment
- Please feel free to wear masks or face coverings
- Contactless payments will be our preferred method of payment – no cash will be accepted
- Please bring a pen with you to sign the paperwork
- Public toilets will be unavailable
If you have a general enquiry please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 8000.
If you have contacted us via email, we are currently dealing with a high volume of enquiries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.