What you need to know if you're travelling abroad after your ceremony.

What if I am going abroad after the ceremony?

If you are going abroad on a honeymoon, remember to book in the name you will have in your passport at the time of travelling.

You can choose to book in your previous name and use your current valid passport, or book in your future name and get it changed by making an application to the Passport Agency.

How do I apply to change my name on my passport?

If you want to change the name on your passport for use straight after the ceremony you must complete and send a passport renewal form along with a newly weds and civil partners form to the Passport Office. You should post your forms to the address printed on the form.

Please note: The newly weds and civil partners form must be signed by the religious minister or registrar who will conduct the ceremony.

Find out more about renewing your passport and the newly weds and civil partners form on the website.

How long will it take to get my passport?

If you choose to change your name on the passport before the ceremony you will receive it within the three months prior to the ceremony.